Depression can happen to anyone. In fact, the World Health Organization estimates that globally 350 million men, women, and children suffer from depression. Depressive symptoms can range on a continuum from mild to severe.
If you identify with any of the following symptoms of depression it is a good idea to reach out for help. While depression may be common, its effects can have a devastating impact on your personal relationships, work and school performance, and your overall social, emotional and physical health.
Symptoms of Depression
- Slowing of movement
- Reduced sex drive
- Insomnia or oversleeping
- Appetite increase or decrease and weight loss or gain
- Physical symptoms like fatigue, headaches, and digestive problems
- Poor concentration and memory
- Preoccupation with thoughts and feelings of worthlessness
- Inappropriate guilt or regret
- Thoughts of death or suicide
- Inability to experience pleasure in previously enjoyed activities
- Pervasive low mood
- Cognitive symptoms (recent onset) such as forgetfulness
- Withdrawal from social situations and activities
Issues of anxiety may also be present alongside depression.
The good news about depression is that it is highly treatable and there is realistic hope for recovery. To that end, I will evaluate your situation and provide you with information about some of the best ways to address depression.
Some possible benefits of our work together may include:
- Reduce stress and anger
- Reduce self-defeating behavior patterns
- Decrease negativity
- Increase feelings of hope
- Increase assertiveness
- Improve your ability to function in social settings
- Increase energy and feelings of vitality
I welcome you to contact me through the website for more information about my depression counseling services in West Palm Beach, FL or to make an appointment to begin the process of healing and creating a happier and more fulfilling life.