Counselor in West Palm Beach, FL
As a therapist with over 25 years experience, I specialize in marriage counseling and individual psychotherapy. I help couples heal from issues of infidelity and relationship difficulties. I help people work through the wounds of childhood. I provide a safe emotional environment for marriage therapy, which enables you to express your concerns and have them understood within your relationship.
I have provided individual, marital and family therapy in private practice since 1987. I specialize in codependency, incest, alcoholism, addiction, partners of sex addicts, women’s issues, and relationship issues. In addition, I am experienced in addressing stress management and work related issues. As an EAP provider, I am trained in Critical Incident Stress Debriefing. I provide supervision for therapists for licensure.
Since 1995, I have provided individual and marital therapy as an EAP provider for Palm Beach County Fire and Rescue. I also offer critical incident stress debriefing and training for management in alcohol, drug and sex addiction..
In the past I have been a therapist in a breast cancer support group and trained survivors of breast cancer to serve as peer counselors.
Additionally, I am a past member of the clinical faculty and a clinical instructor at Barry University.
I earned a Masters of Social Work from Barry University, Miami, Florida and a Bachelor of Arts from Brooklyn College, City University of New York.
Diplomate in Clinical Social Work, 1993-present
Qualified Clinical Social Worker, 1993-present
Licensed Clinical Social Worker (#SW 1893) Florida, 1987-present
Academy of Certified Social Workers, 1987-present
Member, National Association of Social Workers 1983-present
Certified Sex Addiction Therapist Level 1
POST GRADUATE TRAINING AND SEMINARS
- Gottman Marriage Counseling Level 1 (11 hours)
- Certified Sex Addiction Therapist Training Module 1 (30 hours) P. Carnes, K. Adams
- Assessment, Diagnosis and Treatment of Sex and Pornography Addiction in the New Media Frontier R. Lewis
- Divorce in Florida, Interventions and Florida Court
- Emotional Focused Therapy for Couples 40 hour certification
- New Wave of Abusable Drugs, Addiction
- Moral Intelligence J. Bradshaw
- Cybersex Addiction: Assessment and Treatment
- Video Game Addiction: The New Epidemic
- Prescription Drug Addiction
- Sexual Addiction
- Emotional Sobriety
- Treating Complex Psychological Trauma, PTSD, Borderline Personality and Beyond. John Briere, Ph.D.
- Eating Disorders, State of the Art. International Association of Eating Disorders
- Innovations in Addiction Treatment and Behavioral Health Care
- Love and Intimacy Couples Conference
- Domestic Violence
- Understanding Cancer, The Social Worker’s role
- Diagnosing and Treating Codependence
- Drug and Alcohol Training
- Loss, Grief and Bereavement
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorders
- Advanced Training for Professionals Gestalt Institute of South Florida
- Eye Movement and Desensitization and Reprocessing, Advanced Training
- Advanced training for Professionals Gestalt Institute of Miami
- After the Affair; How do you Forgive after the Affair
- Family Therapy Institute
- Sexual Abuse, Treatment of the Survivor
- Myers Brigg Type Indicator Training 40 hours certification